This Article Part of React Native Tutorial Series want to start from scrach follow below link
Today, we setup react native environment in ubuntu for run react native app.
For setup react native environment in ubuntu you have to install some dependencies written below
- Install node and npm
- Install Android Studio
- Install react-native
Install node and npm
for start installing dependencies first update your package manager.
sudo apt-get update
install c++ compiler. It may already exists, but just in case.
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.34.0/install.sh | bash
after installation close and reopen terminal and check nvm version
sudo nvm install node
set default node version for nvm
nvm alias default node
Verify that the node & npm were successfully installed by printing their versions
Install Android Studio
before install android studio install java
sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre openjdk-8-jdk
Install android studio
In ubuntu 18.04, snap command is provided which is containerised software packages that are simple to create and install on all linux distributions https://snapcraft.io/
sudo snap install android-studio
Configure build path in your .bash_profile or .zshrc
export ANDROID_HOME=$HOME/Android/Sdk export PATH=$PATH:$ANDROID_HOME/tools export PATH=$PATH:$ANDROID_HOME/tools/bin export PATH=$PATH:$ANDROID_HOME/platform-tools export PATH=$PATH:$ANDROID_HOME/emulator
Set alias to shorten command to run emulator
alias run-emu="$ANDROID_HOME/tools/emulator @pixel2"
Reload bash_profile or .zshrc
source ~/.bash_profile // or source ~/.zshrc
Generate emulator & run emulator
- In order to make
avdmanagercommand to work, you should start android-studio and complete installation first.
- Also system-images should be installed Type below command to install the system image.
sdkmanager --install "system-images;android-27;google_apis;x86"
Create avd device
avdmanager create avd -n doo1 -k "system-images;android-27;google_apis_playstore;x86" --device 'Nexus 5X
emu -avd doo1
List emulators. You will see doo1 as a result.
emu -avd -list-avds
To install pixel device, you can do following.
- install missing module
sudo apt-get install libcanberra-gtk-module:i386
avdmanager create avd -n doo1 -k "system-images;android-28;google_apis;x86" --device 'pixel'
- Trouble shooting with permission
Sometimes there is permission issue running device telling to grant permisson on
sudo apt install qemu-kvm
sudo adduser <your username> kvm
sudo chown <your username> /dev/kvm
React Native is distributed as two npm packages, react-native-cli and react-native. The first one is a lightweight package that should be installed globally (npm install -g react-native-cli).
install React Native CLI globally
npm install -g react-native-cli
- Create react-native project via react-native-cli.
react-native init Infinitbility
Finally run your react-native project.
Move to created project dir.
Start react-native packager
open up another terminal and run android
More From React Native Tutorial
1. Introduction To React Native
2. React Native Environment Setup using expo
3. React Native Environment Setup for windows
4. React Native Environment setup on Mac OS
5. React Native Environment setup on linux
6. React Native Project Structure
4. React Native DatepickerAndroid
5. React native ScrollView scroll to position
6. How to align icon with text in react native
8. React Native Firebase Crashlytics
Error & Issue Solution
1. Task :app:transformDexArchiveWithDexMergerForDebug FAILED In React Native
2. Expiring Daemon because JVM heap space is exhausted In React Native
3. Task :app:transformNativeLibsWithMergeJniLibsForDebug FAILED In React Native
4. Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object in react native
5. App crashed immediately after install react native video or track player
6. how to delete SQLite database in android react native
7. React native material dropdown twice click issue
8. How to get the current route in react-navigation?
9. how to disable drawer on the drawer navigation screen?